Picosa WSC Message Regarding COVID-19 Virus
March 17, 2020
To our Valued Members:
Picosa Water Supply Corporation is writing to our members regarding our intended response to the COVID-19 virus.
First, we at Picosa Water hope you and your family members are well, healthy, and safe from harm's way.
Secondly, we know that you have been inundated with companies communicating they’re respective protocols for handling COVID-19.
So, while the following list may be redundant in some regards, we want you to know that Picosa Water Supply Corporation is taking the precautions necessary to protect the health and well-being of our clients and employees. We do this in several ways, such as:
- Chlorinating the water supply based on the State of Texas mandated levels and continually monitoring the Chlorine levels to make sure they are maintained with specified guidelines.
- Water samples are taken at specific locations throughout the distribution system, which represent a cross-sectional area of the entire CCN. These samples are then sent to a State of Texas approved testing laboratory for analysis.
- The water mains are flushed periodically to reduce or eliminate the amount of solids or sediment in the water system, which may occasionally settle out in the bottom of the pipe. These sediments naturally occur in the system from the water wells and strata where the wells were located and drilled. When this happens, there is no health danger to the end-user. If this condition exists at your residence or business, please contact the office and have a work order generated. Our personnel will contact you when they flush the mains in your area to get feedback on the success of the flushing.
Here are a few things you can do on your own to help keep yourself and those around you healthy:
- Wash your hands frequently or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent ethyl alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, or nose to reduce the spread of germs.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow. Infections like the coronavirus spread through the tiny droplets in coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home if you feel sick. If you have flu-like symptoms or otherwise feel unwell, stay home and rest.
Visit the CDC’s website for the latest information on COVID-19.
Picosa Water Supply offers digital tools where you can receive updates and paying your bill online. Visit our website at www.picosawsc.com to see various options for paying your bill.
So, while COVID-19 may have forced some changes in your routine, we remain honored and committed to your service.
With Best Regards,
Picosa Water Supply Corp